In the heart of the old medina between white and cobbled alleys, lies a unique property: Hotel Madinat. An ideal Andalusian Moorish style house that effortlessly blends history with contemporary design. Little details, such as a doorway with metalwork evoking a sense of exoticism, the terra-cotta tiled floor and the subtle traces of Moorish architecture make this unusual venue one-of-a-kind.
As soon as we walked through its doors, we fell irremediably under the spell of it. Hotel Madinat combines harmony and elegance embodied in a main patio with an elliptical well from the days of Alandalus and a classical style fountain, a living room where we loved to curl up with a glass of wine, and an exclusive hamman on the ground floor providing a relaxing salt bath, surrounded by candles and aromas. The stylish and intimate boutique hotel also boasts two sunbathed roof-terraces which are a haven of secret corners to hide away in.
An intriguing staircase leads to bedrooms on the upper level and the terraces. The 11 rooms and suites all share a soothing color scheme of white, beige and ivory, but each has its own defining character. With a super king size bed of 2mx2m and spectacular bath, “Princess Walada” became one of our favorites rooms.
The suite´s exclusive staircase leads up to a luxurious room with impressive wooden ceiling beams, pool-style bathtub of 3m2 as well as a large bathroom with glass walls, and a super king size bed of 2mx2m. Meaning “dove” in Arabic, the 40m2 suite was a unique haven of tranquillity.
During our stay in the romantic city of Córdoba, we took a day to ourselves in order to rejuvenate our mind and body with endless bubble-filled baths. The Andalusian city is much more than The Great Mosque, that´s why we highly recommend visiting Córdoba at least three days. Take your time to savor the authentic traditional food, to get lost in the white streets finding pleasant patios on your way, to mingle with locals, and of course, to pamper yourself with sultry stay in a suite like this.
What we loved…
- Its atmosphere of a bygone era.
- The beautifully-appointed rooms, especially our suite. We hardly ever wanted to leave it!
- We felt welcomed and taken care of at every step.
- We were very impressed with the fantastic service. Amin and the rest of the staff are incredible! Nothing is ever too much trouble, and no detail is overlooked.
- Breakfast was simply delicious!
Cabezas street, 17. 14003 Córdoba
Tlf.: 957 395 000
Latest posts by Rakel (see all)
- Hotel Can Joan Capó- Adults Only, in Sineu (Mallorca) - July 12, 2023
- Northern Light Ranch, Kittila (Finland) - January 23, 2022
- A Quick Guide to Mallorca - November 16, 2021